SAP Successfactors Assignment for EC
What are the Capabilities of EC and why it is used?
Employee Central’s mobile functionality is extremely sophisticated and has excellent usability. It covers the crucial components of the HR software solution such as time off requests/approvals, workflow approvals and employee/manager self-service. In addition, it utilizes the useful organizational chart search feature which allows employees to instantly locate any user contact info, job title, picture etc..
Features of EC as compared with Core SAP HCM system.
Robust Data Management – An intuitive user interface powered by effective dating, auditing capabilities and a rules-based workflow make it easy for you to securely manage current, historical or future-looking workforce and organization data.
- Global Support – Available in 58 countries & more than 35 languages addressing country-specific requirements such as unique fields by country, address formats and currencies, Employee Central fulfills the needs of your entire global enterprise.
- Employee Self-Service – Employees can update information and execute transactions. They can update personal data (address, name, emergency contacts, marital status, etc.), update direct deposit information, and access pre-integrated payroll and benefits portals to make or change benefits elections, contributions and tax withholdings.
- Manager Self Service – Managers can access employee information for which they have security rights. View personal information, employment history, salary history and more. An intuitive “wizard-like” interface enables managers to initiate and execute any kind of change for anyone on their team—promotion, termination, bonus, salary change, etc. All manager self-service functionality is supported on the BizX mobile app.
- Ad Hoc Reports and Compliance – Reports like Employee Pay History, First Day Notification, EEO-1 and AFI File answer your key HR-related questions and help you meet compliance requirements while robust ad hoc reporting lets you easily access your data.
- Searchable Directory and Org Chart– Easily find the people with answers to your questions with a community updated, real-time online directory leveraging all public profile information and navigate the organization with a powerful, visual org chart.
- Talent Search– Managers quickly search across all Talent, Core HR and Public Profile data to find, develop and deploy the right talent.
- Mass Changes – Change job information and/or job relationships for any user-defined selection of employees to efficiently execute org. changes or manager reassignments affecting large numbers of employees.
- Workflow Automation– Automate workflow and track a transaction through its life cycle from inception to execution including approvals, routing and historical tracking. Create & manage as many levels of approvals as needed for selected transactions. Workflows are enabled through mobile devices.
- Position Management– Track and maintain a position-based org structure; Manage how one position type reports to another; Easily reclassify positions and reporting relationships within position control tables. Link the position hierarchy to your succession plans. It can also facilitate global assignments.
- Time Off– Comprehensive absence management functionality now available within EC. Organizations can define time accounts and unique work schedules. Employees and Managers can request and approve time off requests respectively. A complete picture of an employee’s time data is available and this is feature is available on the Mobile application.
- Custom Business Rules – SuccessFactors new MDF framework has facilitated the build of custom business logic. This flexibility and extensibility allows customers the opportunity to create and sustain unique rules that they can maintain in SF e.g. For all employees in this job class, he/she must have this pay type.
- Continuous Innovation -Cloud-delivered enhancements are delivered 4x per year, with no additional fee or interference.
Name the 7 data models in EC and why are they used.
- Corporate Data model
- Used to define the organizational structure
- The foundation objects are configured here
- There are standard hris-elements that you work with in this data model. Each element in turn has standard and custom fields with attributes that determine their behavior on the UI.
- Country Specific (CSF) Corporate Data model
- You define the country specific features for elements already defined in the corporate Data model
- This data model comes with some standard delivered localization elements like National ID etc.
- You have to define a hris-element in the Corporate data model in order to specify the country specific behavior for that element
- Below is an example of the country Specific Corporate Data model showing a few countries and delivered hris-elements. You can add any hris-element defined in the Corporate data model to add country specific requirements. The following is the grid view in the Oxygen XML editor.
- Succession Data model
- You define the HR data (Person and Employment) in this data model. This data model is called “data model” in Provisioning
- With the rapid advancement of the Meta data framework customers can configure most of the elements on the OneAdmin UI
- Below is an example of thepersonalInfohris-element in XML
- The same element can be configured in the Metadata Framework via OneAdminUI by going to Manage Business Configuration
- Country Specific (CSF) Succession Data model
- The country specific succession data model is used to define country specific requirements for elements defined in the succession data model
- For example, if you want to define US specific fields to store Global Info you will do that in the Country Specific (CSF) succession data model, similar to the CSF Corporate data model
5.Propagation Data Model
Propagation is the feature in Employee Central that allows for foundation data to be automatically populated on the HR data objects. For e.g. if you stored the time zone on the location foundation object, you can build a propagation such that the time zone is automatically changed on employee data based on the value of location selected.
- Workflow rules Data model
You can define rules that automatically determine the right workflow when the manager or employee changes employee data. To achieve this, you create a workflow foundation object and assign it to the rule in the Rules Engine U
- Event Reason Derivation Data models: Specifies what data changes should trigger a specific event reason for eg:Determinesweather a new job code is job change event or promotion event.
For each of the data models above describe the role of them in building EC foundation.
1.Corporate data Model: Associations are built in this Model.
2.Country Specific (CSF) Corporate Data model: Configures country specific fields, sets international standards like address format, national id format.
- Succession Data model: HR data (Person and Employment) is defined in this data model. This data model is called “data model” in Provisioning
4.Country Specific (CSF) Succession Data model:Used todefine country specific requirements for elements defined in the succession data model.
Propagation Data Model:Used for foundation data to be automatically populated on the HR data objects.
- Workflow rules Data model: Define rules that automatically determine the right workflow when the manager or employee changes employee data.
- Event Reason Derivation Data models:Specifies what data changes should trigger a specific event reason for eg:Determines whether a new job code is job change event or promotion event.
- What are foundation objects?
By using foundation objects you set up data that can be shared across the entire company such as Organization, Pay and Job Structure Details – in Successfactors terminology this is called Foundation Objects. Foundation objects are created in the CorporateData Model
Personal and Employment Objects :Employee Details – This covers Personal and Employment Details for Employees, known as Personal and Employment Objects respectively.
- What are MDF foundation objects?
The MDF is a UI-based configuration and extension framework that provides creation, modification, maintenance, and deletion of custom objects (called Metadata Objects) within the SuccessFactors HCM suite. It replaces XML-based configuration and the need to import Master Data via CSV/Excel files.
At its core the MDF provides one generic set of the components that are re-used by all objects. This is because each object’s data is Metadata – nothing is hard-coded within the SuccessFactors system.
What are Generic objects?
When standard delivered Foundation Objects are not sufficient to meet customer requirements, there is another category of Objects, which were added recently to provide flexibility in a scenario. These are known as Generic or Custom Foundation Objects, e.g. Positions for Position Management. As per their current status, generic objects are not “Integration ready” i.e. it’s not possible to import or export generic objects in an automatic manner.Generic objects are created in the Succession Data model.
How do you write Generic rules in EC?
1.Go to Administration Tools>. In the Company Processes & Cycles portlet,>select
Company Settings>Configure Generic Object Definition
- Download the Succession Data Model from Provisioning and open it in an XML editor.
3.In the Succession Data Model, add a customer-specific field as a custom-stringand
add the typeattribute referencing the external code of the generic object, as in this
<hris-field max-length=”256″ id=”custom-string5″visibility=”both”
Use only a custom-stringas customer-specific field when you use the typeattribute with generic objects.
- Save your changes and upload the Succession Data Model in Provisioning.
5.Assign role-based permissions for the custom field you have added.
Describe a scenario to get approval for an employee to grant FMLA leave and describe how to build a workflow solution for this.
Note***Could not work on it as no Access to EC.***
Family leave is a 2 step process
Creating a workflow and triggering the workflow.
1.Log in to SuccessFactors, and select Admin from the Welcome drop-down menu.
- Under the Manage Employees section, click Company Settings.
- Click Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures.
Populate the required field (Workflow ID)
Workflow ID: FMLA
Name :Family Leave
Description :Hr Business Partner assigned to manager’s business unit
Remind in days:
Is delegate supported: Yes
Redirect CC Users to workflow Approval Page: No
Populate the following 2 steps and the CC Role:
|Approver Type Approver Role Context|
|Role Employee HR Source|
|Approver Type Approver Role Context|
|Role Employee Manager Manager Source|
|Contributor Type Contributor Context|
|CC Role Type CC Role Context|
|Role Employee Manager Target|
Note: There is always an additional step with the employee in the approver role.
When you save this step will disappear.
- Select Save.
Rules are configured in the XML model for Workflow Derivation. This model is available from Provisioning. Rules contain 5 pieces:
- Rule Id – ex: <rule id=“rule-1”/>
- Event Id – ex: <trueoutput>FMLA</trueoutput>
This event id should match the id you created in the workflow creation step
- Logical Operands – ex: <and>, <or>, <xor>
- Comparative Operands – ex: <greater>, <lesser>, <equal>
Steps in creating/writing a rule
1.In Provisioning, under Succession Management, click Import/Export Rules XML for Workflow Derivation.
- Click Export and then Submit.
- Click Browse to select where to save your xml export file.
- Open the workflow-rules.xml with an xml editor.
- Write the xml rule
<equal id=”Name of event.event” value=”8” compareToNew= “true” />
- Save your data model.
- In Provisioning, under Succession Management, click Import/Export Rules XML for Workflow Derivation.
- Click Import and then Submit.
Describe how to load data into EC.
Import/export foundation data: Download .csv file, key in the data and import it back.
- How to Change/Edit the data in Data models
Login into the provisioning system using provisioning ID.
Download these data models and create a backup folder and edit these data models as per company/client requirements and re – import it in provisioning, So that these changes will be reflected in company/client instance.